Flu vaccinations 2017-18 season
We will be holding a flu vaccination session for patients aged 65 years and over and for patients who are under 65 years and classed as ‘at risk’ on the following dates:
Saturday 7th October 2017 & Saturday 21st October time to be advised- NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED
We will be offering a 'catch up' open clinic in November(date to be arranged- watch this space).
Flu vaccinations will also be offered opportunistically during Nurse/Doctor consultations to patients who fit in to the categories below.
Appointments will be available to book with Nurses if the dates above are not convenient.
Warning - you may have to queue for your flu jab so please be prepared - it is always especially busy between 9am & 10am - so if you leave it until a little later the queues should be less.
Patients classed as ‘At risk’ will fall in to one or more of the following categories:
- Asthmatics on regular steroidal medication
- Patients with COPD/chronic bronchitis/emphysema/cystic fibrosis/ interstitial lung fibrosis/pneumoconiosis/ bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)
- Chronic liver disease – cirrhosis/ biliary atresia/ chronic hepatitis
- Chronic kidney disease at stage 3,4 or 5/ chronic kidney failure, nephrotic syndrome/ kidney transplantation
- Immunosuppression due to disease or treatment including patients undergoing chemotherapy/ bone marrow transplant/ HIV infection/ multiple myeloma
- Asplenia/ sickle cell disease and coeliac syndrome
All patients over the age of 65 years are eligible for a flu vaccination.